Friday, April 25, 2008

Back from Seattle


I have just returned this night from Seattle. We saw Dad (Mark) and I have received comfort about his condition, that he is in God's hands. It does hurt to see him in such a fragile state, and yet I sense he will pull through this soon.
My heart is full of love for the man pictured above. While I was away, my little Evie came down with Croup and Nate took such good care of her and of Hemi,(2 1/2 yrs old). He is so supportive of me and all those I consider my family. He doesn't smile much in photos so even though this one is over six months ago, I wanted you all to see it. Nate is a lovely man. I feel so thankful to have such a wonderful person at my side. I could never have asked for a better companion, friend, or husband. He is the "package" I always dreamed I would find. 8 years, 5 children later, I find my ability to love this man just grows and grows. One of the things that makes him so special is his love for all people. He is very accepting and kind. He is always willing to go out of his way for others. Please understand, we have our ups and downs and I don't want to paint a picture with no contrast. So, if you can imagine, our marriage is like a painting of a bright, beautiful yellow flower...., the background, like the down times in our marriage, are colored in black and white. The grey tones only make the flower stand out even more.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Kathy this is a great picture! Thanks for sharing Nate's smile with all of us as well as such tender moments of your feelings towards Nate. You can feel both of guys's love for eachother and how strong you two can be as a couple when you learn and grow closer through trials. You both are such wonderful examples to me and Dustin and we love you both so much for all that you do strengthen the family ties within your own home and those around you.

You painted a beautiful picture of how marriage is bright and beautiful through the grey areas in personalities. It all comes together beautifully!

Good to hear your love for Dad. I know he loves and appreciates you so much as his daughter. He has always spoke very highly of you.

Love you! Give the kiddos Kuddos of love from Auntie!

Massey Family said...

It's so wonderful to be married to your best friend, someone to laugh with and cry with. Joe and I love spending time together, it doesn't matter what we do, just being together is so much fun. It is also so important to have a supportive, helpful husband. We are blessed to have wonderful husbands.
xoxox
massey family

chicklegirl said...

I saw the link to your blog on Margaret's, and it's so fun to see pictures of you, Nate and the kids. You look beautiful! Thanks so much for coming up to support Mark and Mom. It meant a lot to them both. Take care--I love you!